One-to-One Coaching & Training
Nutrition & Wellness
Thanks for visiting PersonalFit and spending a little time here at the fitness training station … the place for loads of information and advice on one-to-one personal training and advice on strength training, bodybuilding, and/or competition. Take advantage of your easy access to expert advice, tips on training, and ways of making your workouts more fun!
Tips & Techniques
- TARGET FOOD
- TARGET FITNESS
- TARGET LIFESTYLE
Food For Thought
Do you know how to improve your cholesterol?
- Read labels to make sure that you eat fewer high fat, high cholesterol foods.
- Watch your caloric intake.
- Get rid of sugar and moderate the amount of salt in your diet.
- Improve your lifestyle habits.
You Are What You Eat – Eat to Win!
Here are the top 3 foods to get more fiber into your diet!
2. Brown Rice
Keys To Eating Healthier
- Eat complex carbohydrates.
- Eat plenty of fiber… whole grains.
- Fruits and vegetables a plenty.
- Drink water liberally
5 BIG FITNESS TIPS!
- Tip 1 – Manage & Control Your Anger.
- Tip 2 – Increase muscle tissue to burn more calories.
- Tip 3 – Do more sets/reps to decrease muscle size.
- Tip 4 – Do fewer sets/reps to increase muscle size.
- Tip 5 – Empower Yourself.
Healthy Ways To Handle Stress
- Relaxation Exercises
- Support Groups
- Change your diet.
- Be your own doctor.
- Be sure to exercise at your own pace.
If you feel any pain or strain, stop and consult your physician.
Best Moves For Lower Abs – Single Leg Lowers
- Lying on your back with your knees bent; raise your feet to the ceiling and then lower until the point where your lower back wants to come off the floor.
- Hold that position while you interlace your fingers and cradle your head.
- Raise up your head, neck and shoulders and focus your gaze on your belly button.
- Lower your right leg down and back up and then repeat with your left leg. That is one set.
- Try for 6 sets and then rest. Repeat for 3 rounds.
My Favorite Ways to Workout
- Dancing – All forms of dancing; African, Jazz, Modern, etc.
- Kickboxing – Classes are great and I love Capoeira.
- Yoga – make sure it includes relaxation, breathing, and meditation.
5 Ways To Improve Your Health
- Eat enough calories to maintain your current weight… if you are trying to lose, start with cutting back about 20–25%. You need food to fuel your workouts.
- Improve your breathing… try to breathe through the nostrils; fully exhale through the mouth when necessary.
- Don’t believe your lying eyes… read labels closely; remember to read the ingredients regardless of what it says on the front of the package. Most times what you see first is marketing information. Use your own judgement after checking out the ingredients.
- I still swear by the neti pot… use it regularly to keep down colds and congestion.
- Pump It Up! Increase your lean muscle mass for maximum gains in weight loss.